Sunday, February 1, 2009

16 th January 2009



10:56am. Near Göttingen. Hills and a little snow on the ground. Bastards. I’m still coughing and not feeling 100% and Bluey’s feeling crook too. Bugger of a time to get crook, just as we are off to Egypt! Ah well!

6:56pm. In München airport. We heard a call over the loudspeakers “Would Sheik (unrememberable & unpronouncable for me) please return to your unattended luggage!!” Was that comforting! ^^..not particularly.
I also had to take my boots off at the luggage check because they beeped for whatever reason, while going through.
Before take-off we had a machine spray thick, coffee colored and then blue colored thickish stuff over the wings of our plane to help against frost and ice. Bluey had never had that happen on any of her flights before.

2:53am (17/1)
Laying on a bed in Cairo. It’s about 17°, but seems warmer. Driver was waiting at airport for us and two small groups also coming to the “Arabesque”.

You can buy freaking ovens & fridges at the airport…just what you need!!!- Bluey

(True…”Damn, I forgot the big oven. I’ll just pop in and grab one on the way through!” At least it was after the point where you have to declare items. “No, no fridges or ovens on the plane with me” :-D )

I also forgot to mention that I was a victim of my first Egyptian scam at the airport where someone looking official wanted to see my luggage ticket to confirm what I got was mine and then carried one of my bags for me before I could say not to and then wanted money. Through passport control for less than 5 minutes and already a victim…lol!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back here Harry. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Anonymous said...

Yipee!!! He has added more to his blog!! Go Andrew!! LOL!! LINDA

Anonymous said...

They should sell ovens and fridges on every airport I'm sure it sells well :P

I love you!