Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday 18 January.

11.03pm Today we went to the Egyptian museum. HUGE, interesting and tiring. Of course you can’t go there without checking out the mummies. Fascinating to be there looking at the remains of men (women) who ruled Egypt thousands of years ago. And of course to stand staring at the golden mask of King Tutankhamun after seeing it in photos, tv and hearing about it in school is just awesome. The chambers he was buried in, his jewellery, the tables in the tomb, his chariots… we saw them. As good as the museum is, it was heavenly to get back to our room and REST !!! After we felt our bodies had recovered enough we were off in search of food. We tried to find a restaurant (I hate the word… can NEVER spell it) last night, but didn’t find it, so looked tonight. Someone gave us directions, but not before showing hospitality and giving us both a cup of tea in his perfume shop in a back street and us trying a number of oils. We ended up buying oil for me and him giving some oil to Bluey. He also asked about Bluey “How old is he? 15?” WHAT THE!!! He also asked “How many camels for her?” Poor Bluey is NOT a tea fan. We found the restaurant. I ate stuffed pigeon and Bluey ate beef. Dunno for sure if it was Beef… tasted different.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harry I hate to say it but your pigeon looks yucky LOL I hope it tasted better than it looks!

Anonymous said...

It looks a little bit as if there were maggots cming out of it... glad you didn't order "nuts" hehehe

Anonymous said...

lol I know they look like maggots, but close scrutiny prooved it to be rice. And yes I am glad I did not order the meat and nuts...

@ Kristen... It did actually taste really good.

Anonymous said...

I didnt want to say it looked like maggots but since bluey did, yea it really did LOL
I bet the museum was really cool. Id love to see that. Im glad you had such a good trip!

Anonymous said...

I was sick through the night last night and seeing this again really hasn't done me much good...LOL!! LINDA