Sunday, July 20, 2008

Baby snakes, bite and biting

G’day there once again.
Well, a lot has happened since I last made an entry here. Firstly (and probably most exciting for us) we have had our first clutch of baby snakes hatch. They are eleven corn-snake babies and they are just adourable…like little coloured worms, only better. I mean just look at the pictures and see for yourself.
Another thing is that my darling dear, Bluey helped me clean the mice (well she actually did most of it while I was at work) and feed the snakes. She was to put a ball python into a feeding cage while I cleaned the last mouse cage when she came to me with her cute “poor-little-me” look and said “you have to feed the ball pythons!”. I wondered what she was talking about till I saw just above her right wrist a trickle of blood and red dots of the teeth punctures. I laughed, hugged her and said “Awwww…poor darlin”. She laughed a little and said “it bloody well HURT!!!” This was Blueys first real snake bite and I was proud of her. She was actually bitten by our small sand boa, but that didn’t count. We took photos to commemorate the occasion.
The next thing of note is that I bit my dentists finger, but it was not my fault. I was there to have my left wisdom tooth removed because it was growing at an angle and cutting into my cheek. He had numbed the area, put a wad of cotton in the area and told me to close my mouth, so I did, however there was something firm, but rubbery between my teeth! “NOT on my finger please!” I mean, seriously…dentists of ALL people should know that you never ask someone to close their mouth without removing your fingers from the danger zone.” Bluey said that there was a look of utter shock and disbelief on the dentist face and then on his assistant and finally on me when he told me I was biting him. Ah well…it wasn’t long before my tooth was safely sitting on the silver tray in front of me. I also have to go back in winter for the removal of my lower wisdom teeth, due to the fact that they are growing along the jaw instead of outwards. GREAT…they will cut the gums and have to cut/rip/grind/chainsaw/smash/hammer/yank violentally the offending ivories. Apparentally it really, REALLY hurts a little after that operation. Can’t say I’m looking forwards to it.
I reccon that is enough for now, so…see ya later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt sooooo sorry for you when I heard the breaking/cracking sounds the dentist was making when he got the tooth out.

I LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

And I LOVE YOUUUUUU!!!

Anonymous said...

HEHEHE!!! You are a right ratbag. You both never cease to make me laugh with your adventures. Love it! LINDA

Torben said...

Ui.. cute little snakes, poor Bluey and poor dentist.. zzz.. see you soon! T.