Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Our anniversary

Yesterday was our third anniversary. I can not believe how fast time has gone by since we were married. It seems like just the beginning of last year that Bluey and I swapped vowes and placed our wedding rings on each others fingers for the first time. Time flies by faster than you realise, but I do realise that I have been really blessed to have found someone that is somewhat crazy while she can still remain sensible, who is smart without being a smarty-pants to compensate for my short-comings. She is a voice of reason and logic when I need it, my stability when feel shaken or annoyed, my advisor, my critic and my praiser. Blueys ideas, gentle corrections and logical reasonings are not always what I would like to hear at the time, but without her guidance and help I do not know what sort of problems and situations I would find myself in. I love her dearly for her unconditional love and that she is so biased and blind to love me in that way. It is not because of the unconditional love Bluey shows that I love her… I love her because …well…no words can define it apart from….simply because she is my soul-mate and I will love her dearly forever!
I had the day off work so we could spend the whole day together. Our original plan was to go to the swimming theme park again, however since the weather was rainy and miserable we decided to head for the city for a while, catch a movie and then enjoy a nice meal together before grabbing a cocktail on the way home. The movie we saw was Hancock. Our dinner was a delicious meat, salad, fried potato chips and a baked potato platter for two (which never fails to satisfy us). We are both always pleasantly full when we are done. YUMMMMMM.!! After a short train ride, Bluey drank a Sea Breeze while I drank a Long Island Iced Tea for a change from my Mai Tai. It was nice, but I reckon Mai Tai is better. Linda, you will remember the Mai Tais’ from over here ^^. Nice hey!
Well, that’s about it apart from the fact that we have been asked to throw a short notice BBQ and party for tomorrow night before a friend heads off to a island for a uni project, so it will be interesting to see how many turn up when being told just two days in advance.
Take care and all the best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEHEHE!!! You were waiting for this, I'll bet!!! Happpyyy Neeewww YYeeaar!! Very funny and good blog. So lovely! LINDA

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS AND HAPPY ANIVERSARY!