Thursday, July 3, 2008

So good to go swimming again

After such a hot day yesterday I suggested to Bluey that we go to a local swimming fun park, so we organised with Erik & Maria to go today. We were a little concerned as the weather forecasts were for storms, but mostly for the evening. This morning was clear and hot…perfect conditions for swimming, so off we went. They had opened a new section since we were there last. Complete with a wave pool and a number of slides. All was great. There was one that I was the first of our group to try. It was fast and quick. It shot you down fast and then you started to go back upwards. Reading this it doesn’t sound much, but not knowing what to expect and experiencing the speed and sudden direction change, with the water splashing into your face was a bit of a surprise to me. I didn’t see their faces or know their thoughts, but I heard from Bluey that they did not have so much reassurance of the ride when they heard a “HOLY SHII..” of my shocked voice emanated from the tunnel in front of where they stood! However, we all survived and enjoyed it.
Fortunately, about 7 minutes before we had to leave, a parcel that we have been eagerly awaiting, containing our bags from England finally arrived. These are the bags that we searched all over in London for, so if you read about us searching for them in our London entries, we didn’t find them, but these are the ones. They are the exact same bags used in the Indiana Jones movies. Erik and I have also ordered one bullwhip for each of us from a bloke. I have read a few testimonials of his whips on a forum of people who are quiet critical of a few things and all spoke well of his craftsmanship. They will be 10 feet long and we have to wait for about two months for the bloke to make them as he has retired from whip making and now does them in his spare time. We can not wait till they get here. I haven’t handled a whip for ages and Erik is keen to learn.
I hope all is well with everyone and continues to be till we meet again, or you read my next entry. All the best from Harry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved reading of the pool and you swearing! Just you all over!! How come both entries doubled up? One with pictures and one without. LINDA

Anonymous said...

Buggered if I know, but I fixed it ;-)Glad you like reading them...thanks for always commenting.